Heartland Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
We serve as the Region 6 liaison and advocate for small businesses in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. As an advocate for small business owners, our mission is to promote increased access to GSA's nationwide procurement opportunities.
GSA, like all federal agencies, has socio-economic goals for contracting with small businesses. GSA strives to achieve formal goals through the available small business programs detailed in the FAR. The socio-economic categories available are:
- Small disadvantaged, also called Section 8(a).
- Woman-owned small.
- HUBZone small.
- Veteran-owned small.
- Service-disabled veteran-owned small.
We promote programs and activities for small business owners that provide access to GSA and other federal agencies by:
- Working with GSA contracting officers to highlight the small business program for specific contracts including:
- Providing information and guidance regarding GSA's Forecast of Contracting Opportunities, contracting opportunities on SAM.gov and GSA eBuy.
- Participating in events, such as networking sessions, forums, conferences, workshops and trade shows within our region.
- Working alongside our regional SBA, Apex Accelerators, (formerly known as Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC)) and other resource partners.
- Assisting in finding subcontracting opportunities through the GSA Subcontracting Directory and the SBA Prime and Subcontracting Directory.
- Providing webinar training (available 24 hours a day for small businesses) and additional small business assistance and guidance.
- Partnering with federal, state and local agencies to assist potential vendors.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 19 - Small Business Programs
- Making It Easier: IT Category Startup Springboard
- Making It Easier: FASt Lane
- Guide to Preparing a Schedule Offer
- Green Procurement Compilation Information
GSA Small Business Resource Links:
For additional information or help, contact Bill Strobel at email@example.com.
The shortcut for this page is gsa.gov/r6smallbusiness.