Auction for U.S. Department of Labor property opens to bidders
February 28, 2022
CHICAGO – The U.S. General Services Administration announces the opening of a public auction for 1101 Mills Road, Joliet, Illinois, on March 1 at 2 p.m. CT. Through this auction, GSA seeks to find a new owner for the property while creating the greatest possible value for taxpayers.
This public sale is an example of the federal government’s continued efforts to reduce its inventory of properties. GSA is facilitating the disposal of this property, which ultimately will help reduce the federal real estate footprint and create savings for taxpayers.
- Located at 1101 Mills Road, Joliet, Illinois
- The property is 25.53 acres including 0.69 right-of-way acres and associated improvements, two 50-square-foot former stone ticket booths, one 3,140-square-foot storage building, and bleachers totaling 3,240 gross square feet.
About the Auction
- As part of GSA’s role in removing excess federal facilities from the government’s inventory while creating the greatest possible value for taxpayers, GSA is offering the property to the public through an online auction.
- Interested bidders will need to complete an online registration form and submit a registration deposit of $10,000.
- The starting bid is $100,000, which does not represent the actual value of the site.
- Additional information on the property, the auction, and the open houses can be found at www.realestatesales.gov.
GSA: GSA provides centralized procurement for the federal government, managing a nationwide real estate portfolio of nearly 370 million rentable square feet and overseeing approximately $75 billion in annual contracts. GSA’s mission is to deliver value and savings in real estate, acquisition, technology, and other mission-support services across government, in support of the Biden-Harris administration’s priorities. For more information, visit GSA.gov and follow us at @USGSA.