Gulf Coast Hurricane Recovery: Emergency Lodging Services (ELS)
This content is kept online for historical reference and is no longer updated. Links may be broken and content may be inaccurate and/or out of date.
Update: Please note that the services of the "Emergency Lodging" Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) may be utilized for relief/emergency support personnel and displaced disaster/emergency victims. The BPA may be utilized for all "Emergency Lodging" requirements connected with any emergency response nationwide.
Visit the BPA Library for the latest Blanket Purchase Agreement and the Corporate Lodging Consultants, Inc.'s, attachment to the BPA. The following agencies have been authorized to use the BPA for Emergency Lodging Services:
- Air Force Claims Service Center/Air Force Legal Operation Agency;
- Alabama Air National Guard on receipt of authorization from the U.S. Property and Fiscal Officer;
- Corporation for National and Community Services;
- Contractors performing cost-reimbursement type contract or other types of negotiated contracts (see BPA for more details);
- Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service;
- Department of the Army, Detachment 1 TSD - East Birmingham, AL;
- Department of Commerce;
- Defense Contract Management Agency;
- Department of Energy - U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserves, New Orleans, LA;
- Department of Health and Human Services;
- Department of Homeland Security;
- Department of Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service - Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge;
- Department of Justice (Executive Office for the U.S. Attorneys);
- Department of Labor;
- Department of Transportation;
- Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Environmental Protection Agency;
- Escambia County, Florida (See BPA for details on state and local governments);
- Federal Executive Board;
- Federal Judiciary;
- General Services Administration;
- National Labor Relations Board;
- Office of Personnel Management;
- Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA):
- U.S. Army, North/G4; and the
- U.S. Postal Service.
The BPA contains a unilateral right to add additional users to the BPA at no additional cost. For more information on the BPA, eligibility requirements, or to add other agencies to the list of authorized users, see "Contacts."
Corporate Lodging Consultants, Inc., (CLC) has 29 years of lodging management experience and has directly supported over 500 emergency response efforts for the American Red Cross, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and many other agencies. CLC locates and sources lodging properties (hotels, extended stay properties, corporate housing, apartments, etc.), negotiates discounted rates, and can provide an audit and reporting trail.
Agencies may place orders for emergency lodging needs as well as temporary housing nationwide where available with a single phone call to CLC at 1-800-321-0455. This is a phone line that is dedicated to the GSA BPA.
Continuity of Operations (COOP) Lodging: Federal Preparedness Circular 65 requires viable and executable plans for continuity of operations. FEMA's COOP Self-Assessment Tool requires that plans be developed to address housing for COOP personnel. CLC offers solutions to:
- Identify qualified lodging prior to a COOP event;
- Book COOP personnel in blocked rooms during a COOP event; and,
- Consolidate and audit lodging billing after a COOP event.