Use our Overtime Utilities services program [PDF - 490 KB] to request and pay for support/services outside of GSA’s 10-hour daily operations via a Reimbursable Work Authorization (RWA). Any service/labor outside of the daily operations is paid for by the tenant.
OU services and collections are authorized by the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949, (as amended, etc. by P.L. 107-217 [PDF - 4 MB] (Title, 40 U.S.C., Subtitle I)).
Guidance and Reference Materials
- OU Tenant Appeals [PDF - 59 KB] describes how tenants can appeal an OU estimate.
- Review GSA's Pricing Policy for real estate and related services to federal tenant agencies.
- GSA's pricing desk guide [PDF - 1 MB] defines overtime services in section 3.7.4.
Sub-Metering Reference Materials
Use sub-metering to reduce energy in buildings; sub-metering provides information at a local level, enabling building occupants and tenant agencies to identify energy intense systems and adjust their behaviors to achieve energy performance goals. For more information, view our sub-metering slide deck [PDF - 4 MB].
Power Metering Plans to Calculate Power Utilization Effectiveness
The following provide a conceptual measurement plan to facilitate real time calculation of Power Utilization Effectiveness and can be used to arrange for specifying, bidding and installing the meters:
- Sustainable Facilities Tool: Use this tool to find ways to save money (in server rooms, etc.) on Overtime Utilities.
- GSA Data Center Energy Performance Recommendations [PDF - 465 KB]: Resource for cost-savings measures for server rooms, organized from lesser to greater initial costs.