OFHPGB develops green buildings policy and guidance, in cooperation with many other federal agencies and stakeholders, with a focus on innovative strategies that reduce costs, enable agency missions, enhance human health and performance, and minimize environmental impacts.
Find more information about OFHPGB's policy development related to the Green Building Advisory Committee and Certification System Review.
The Office of Federal High-Performance Green Buildings works closely with other federal agencies to develop high-performance best practices, policies and guidance, as well as to promote, pilot and implement building solutions. Among the Office’s federal partners are:
- Council on Environmental Quality, Office of Federal Sustainability
- Department of Defense: Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Sustainment
- Department of Health & Human Services: Sustainability
- Department of State: Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations
- Department of Veterans Affairs: Energy
- National Institute of Standards and Technology: Energy & Environment Division
- Environmental Protection Agency:
- Department of Energy: