GSA to Conduct Public Auction of 1.67 Acre Seaside, CA Property - Opening Bid $300K
SEASIDE, CA -- The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) will be holding a public sale for the parcel of land, including a large building, located at the Southwest Corner of Colonel Durham Street and Parker Flats Cut-Off Road, in Seaside, Monterey, County, California. Interested parties may begin bidding on the property on January 21 at 9 a.m. PST.
The decision was reached after a thorough review of options and authorities available to GSA. This action is part of GSA's efforts to make more efficient use of its real estate assets while saving taxpayer dollars and creating economic development opportunities in communities.
About the Online Auction
- The auction is scheduled to start on 1/21/2020 at 9:00 a.m. on RealEstateSales.gov.
- Minimum opening bid is $300,000. Each bidder is required to submit a bid deposit of $15,000.
- Additional information about the property and the auction can be found online at RealEstateSales.gov.
- GSA will open the property from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on the following dates:
- Thursday – January 16, 2020
- Friday – January 17, 2020
- Bidders are invited, urged, and cautioned to inspect the property prior to submitting a bid. No one will be allowed access to the property without the presence of a GSA employee or designee.
About the Seaside Property
- The property is approximately 1.67 acres. The subject is surrounded on all sides by land that formerly was part of Fort Ord military base. Currently, neighboring properties include: the 340th Brigade Support Battalion office building, Army National Guard office building, and a community church.
- The property includes a vacant building of approximately 6,268 square feet, constructed in 1971. The building was previously used as a dining hall and features a kitchen with two metal refrigeration units and two restrooms.
- Parking is provided throughout the site, and specifically under a seven-vehicle carport canopy on the east side of the building, and in an open space area on the west side of the building. The building and adjoining parking lot are situated on the northern part of the site.
- The property is being sold as-is.
- The property is zoned CMX, Commercial Mixed Use, under the jurisdiction of the City of Seaside. The current zoning may be subject to the proposed Campus Town Specific Plan. More information can be found at: http://seasidecampustown.com/632/Campus-Town-Project