Facilities Management Overview
Our Public Buildings Service provides facilities management services such as:
- Child care
- Facilities operations
- Facility risk management
- Missing child notice program
- Smart buildings
- Union organizer access
- Utility services
Vendors can bid on Facilities Management Services through FedBizOpps or GSA Schedules.
PBS manages GSA-controlled facilities and private sector-leased properties, which include office buildings, courthouses, land ports of entry, and warehouses. For more information about our property portfolio, see the State of the Portfolio.
You can also check the closure status of GSA-owned and/or -managed federal buildings.
National strategy on hunger, nutrition, and health
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: Biden-Harris Administration National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
- National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health [PDF] - Child Care (page 24) and Consider the Stairs (page 30 & 31)
- GSA Commitments in support of the National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
Union organizers who need access to federal contractors working in federal government facilities to educate them about union membership are not covered or restricted by the general prohibition. Union organizers may solicit and post, display and distribute materials on GSA-managed property, provided that their activity does not obstruct access to the public areas of the facility; disrupt official government business; interfere with approved uses of the property by occupant agencies, other tenants or the public; or damage the property.
Union representatives may request access by following these procedures:
Use for non-partisan voter registration drives
We may make certain areas of GSA-controlled facilities available for a non-partisan voter registration drive conducted by an organization that qualifies for an exemption from taxation under 26 U.S.C. § 501(c)(3). The GSA Form 3453, Application for a Permit, includes the terms and conditions that apply to the use of the space. The signed application for a permit should be given to the GSA Facility Manager or other regionally designated official who may approve the application.
We offer child care services in independently-managed work-site child care centers in 31 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Federal employees receive priority enrollment and any available spaces are open to the community.
For enrollment information, please contact the child care center directly.
Our Smart Building technology framework lowers operating costs, improves cyber security, and increases tenant satisfaction while allowing Facility Managers and O&M contractors to effectively manage building operations through the use of building data.
Through this program, GSA has deployed technologies such as:
- Advanced Metering—record and communicate energy consumption for greater clarity of consumption behavior, system monitoring and customer billing.
- GSAlink — Fault detection and diagnostics system that interprets patterns, faults, and trends in operational data to improve efficiency and ensure proper operation of building systems.
- National Digital Signage — Kiosks deployed to inform tenants of facility news, weather, human trafficking, and information on missing and exploited children.
- National Computerized Maintenance Management System — Building logistics including equipment management, work orders, preventive maintenance, and labor.