Information Quality Guidelines
Do not seek correction of personal information through the procedures described below.
OMB Section 515 Information Quality Guidelines
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued governmentwide guidelines under section 515 of the Treasury and General Government Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2001.
The OMB section 515 guidelines:
- Are intended to ensure and maximize the quality, objectivity, utility and integrity of information disseminated by federal agencies
- Direct each federal agency to issue its own information quality guidelines
- Require each agency to establish procedures that allow people to seek correction of information disseminated by the agency on or after October 1, 2002, that is subject to section 515 and which does not comply with the agency or OMB guidelines.
GSA Section 515 Information Quality Guidelines
The GSA guidelines conform to the guidance, scope of applicability and intent of the guidelines issued by the OMB.
What's NOT covered under section 515 information quality guidelines
Information that is NOT subject to the Information Quality Guidelines includes:
- personal information received as a result of agency decisions, such as notices
- information within an individual's GSA records
Other Excluded Information
- procedural and policy manuals, and other information pertaining to basic agency operations
- management information that is produced primarily for internal use
- reports clearly identified as not representing GSA positions.
What IS covered under section 515 information quality guidelines
Information that IS subject to the Information Quality Guidelines includes:
- statistical or actuarial information prepared for public dissemination
- reports, studies and summaries prepared to inform the public about the impact of GSA programs or for use in formulating broad program policy.
How to seek corrections under section 515 information quality guidelines
If you want to seek correction of information from us that is subject to section 515 Information Quality Guidelines, please follow the procedure for seeking correction of published GSA information.
OMB Bulletin for Peer Review
On January 14, 2005 OMB issued the Bulletin for Peer Review which establishes that important scientific information shall be peer reviewed by qualified specialists before it is disseminated by the Federal government.
GSA Implementation of the Bulletin for Peer Review
Status of General Services Administration review of its dissemination of information subject to the Bulletin for Peer Review.