Conduct market research
Not sure how to conduct market research and competitive analysis?
Check out this business guide from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
We strongly recommend you conduct thorough market research and competitive analysis before competing for a government contract. The questions you want to answer are:
The following information on our other websites can help you answer these questions:
- Contract opportunities and contract data reports( SAM.gov)
- Set wage data for specific labor categories by locality (SAM.gov)
- Ceiling rates for GSA Schedule labor categories (SAM.gov)
- Forecast of opportunities through our assisted acquisition services (FEDSIM)
- Forecast of federal contract opportunities nationwide (Acquisition Gateway)
- Summary contract award data (GSA eLibrary)
- Detailed contract award data (FPDS.gov)
- Contractor information and price lists (GSAAdvantage)
Acting on your market research findings
If you answered “yes” to both questions, continue on to learn how to compete for a government contract.
If you answered “no” to one of the questions, consider these other ways of selling to the government: