Personal Property Management
GSA can assist federal agencies with their personal property needs.
GSA Southeast-Great Lakes Zone Personal Property Management Solutions
In accordance with the Federal Management Regulations, GSA can assist federal agencies with the disposition of excess personal property. This requires the agency to submit their information to GSA, within a reasonable timeframe, for mandatory utilization and donation screening.
For more details, Federal agencies: Things to know.
- The Southeast-Great Lakes Zone Personal Property Management (PPM) office partners with many federal and non-federal organizations to support the local community.
Learn more about the important role that PPM plays in GSA's DEIA plan through the services offered to educational institutions, public agencies and more.
- Agencies may utilize electronic reports or obtain excess personal property through the Personal Property Managment System (PPMS)
- Federal agencies may also sell surplus personal property not transferred or donated at GSAAuctions.gov.
- Public agencies and eligible non-profit organizations can receive surplus property through the State agencies for surplus property
- Sometimes agencies have property they need to replace with a newer, better model. The exchange/sale authority allows agencies to either trade in, or sell items and use the proceeds to buy a similar replacement item.
- Watch this Exchange/Sale program video to learn more!
- Educational institutions may receive excess government property below through the Computers for Learning program.
- Most Department of Defense activities report their excess property to Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office. The DRMO in turn reports the property to GSAXcess for the DoD.
The Southeast-Great Lakes Zone supports GSA’s sustainability initiatives to minimize and offset consumption of energy, water, and other resources by engaging in a number of sustainability behaviors. These behaviors include participation in Virtual Workplace, investments in recycling initiatives and engagements in green procurements. The following captures the Personal Property Management Division’s commitment to sustainability behaviors to modernize government and to improve the natural environment.
- Through GSA Xcess program almost $160 mil of personal property was transferred to other federal agencies averting disposal to landfills.
- Through GSA Auctions approximately $10 mil in sales of other federal agencies’ personal Property.
- Through GSA Computers for Learning program, turned over approximately 3000 computers to schools and other non-profit organizations.
- Eighty percent of employees Telework.
- Enables recycling of paper, cans and other materials.