Verified Products Portal (VPP)
The Verified Products Portal (VPP) enables authorized original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their wholesalers to fulfill the Letter of Supply requirement by providing supplier authorization information and detailed product content such as:
- Standardized manufacturer names and part numbers
- Product specifications (images, product videos, PDFs, etc.)
The VPP is completely voluntary and free to use and will improve the representation of your commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products. Its product and supplier data will identify prohibited products and standardize contractor catalogs, ensuring products are accurately represented in GSA ecommerce platforms such as GSA Advantage!
Registered users can sign in to start uploading product/supplier data.
New users can apply online for an account. We will screen all applications to ensure users are authorized to represent the organization before creating the account. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or issues.
To view information on manufacturers participating in the VPP, visit the Verified Products Portal Participation Dashboard (public).
Frequently Asked Questions
- Control the product details and marketing content.
- Authorize and deauthorize products and resellers to protect against supply chain risks and ensure product and vendor authenticity.
- Eliminate variability among identical products.
- Improve customer experience with additional materials.
- Control who can sell products and what product lines they can sell (reduces the burden on vendors to provide letters of supply and product specifications).
Below are some examples of information that VPP will collect:
- Supplier Authorization Details—authorized resellers, product lines, and Doing Business As (DBA)
- Product Category Details—product brand name and manufacturer part number (MPN)
- Product Descriptions/Images—remanufacture status, product images and features
- Supply Chain Attributes—Country of Origin (COO) and EnergyStar Labels
- Pricing Information (optional)—threshold for which the authenticity of the item is questionable and date of upcoming price increases
We recommend that you provide data for both Product Content and Supplier Authorization information unless you do not have a supplier authorization program.
After registering, load your product data manually via comma-separated values (CSV) file or automatically via an application program interface (API) connection.
No. The VPP is a manufacturer-facing portal for product details and supplier authorization content. The VPP is not intended for Multiple Awards Schedule (MAS) contractors to use for managing their catalog data. GSA is developing the Common Catalog Platform to offer a modern replacement to SIP that integrates with contracting processes.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/vpp.