Access the eRETA system
Access the eRETA System
The external RWA Entry and Tracking Application (eRETA) allows for submission of RWA Work Requests (WRs) and management of Reimbursable Work Authorizations (RWAs). All Federal agency customers must send all WR and RWA information to GSA through eRETA. Non-Federal customers use a different process for their RWA.
Access and Use eRETA
You will access eRETA through the GSA’s PBS Portal. Steps are:
Go to the PBS Portal.
Select Sign in to log in using your PBS Portal account. Learn how to request an account if you don’t have one.
Select eRETA from the available options. You can then use eRETA to submit your WR and then get real-time access to RWA project and financial information.
To prepare to enter information, learn more about working with RWAs and WRs.
When entering data into eRETA, note that all customer-required fields are marked by a red asterisk. You will not be able to submit RWAs and WRs to GSA if required fields are not completed.
If you have a user ID or password issue when logging into the PBS portal, please contact the National Application Helpdesk (NAH) at email@example.com or at 866.555.1234.
Key eRETA Functionality
When you request an account you can choose either a data-entry or read-only role.
If you have a data-entry role, eRETA allows you to:
- Electronically submit new WRs
- Enter your information directly into the system -Make edits and create amendments to your RWA request
- Upload documentation to maintain an "RWA File"
- Search and download RWA information
- A read-only role allows you to search, view, and download information, but not to add information to the system. If you need to upgrade your access from a read-only role to a data-entry role, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the request and cc your supervisor.
- You can find more information about using eRETA on our training and help page.
Maintaining Access to eRETA
To maintain access to eRETA, you must recertify your account annually by responding to the recertification email you receive from email@example.com. If your account has been disabled, you will need to reapply for access.
The following guides preview new features included with each release.
- eRETA 9.1 Enhancements [PDF - 1 MB] (November 2020) Ability to copy WRs/RWAs, Micropurchase Authority pop-up on WRs < $2,000, updated automated communications for estimates linked to new RWAs and amendments, and more.
- eRETA 8.9 Enhancements (January 2020) Removed the manual signature option for federal customers, updated the Pending Action filter logic, updated the Agency Accounting Details help text, and several Export to Excel improvements.
Bookmarking the link to eRETA
To avoid log-in issues, only use https://extportal.pbs.gsa.gov as your browser’s eRETA bookmark. Bookmarking any other link may result in difficulties accessing the PBS Portal where eRETA is located.