- Why should I use Alliant 2?
Using GWACs is a faster alternative to time-consuming and costly full and open competitions. We also offer training and customer service to help you with contracting rules and regulations. Using Alliant 2 allows for access to high qualified industry partners and GSA personnel that can help tailor your requirement to get the most out of the contract vehicle.
- Highly qualified pool of industry partners;
- Robust scope aligned with the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) and Department of Defense Enterprise Architecture (DoDEA);
- Access to a full range of comprehensive IT services and IT services-based solutions;
- Flexibility within the scope to capitalize on emerging technologies and meet the definition of information technology as it evolves;
- A full spectrum of contract types (e.g. fixed price, time and material/labor hour, cost reimbursement, requirements contract type, with incentive and/or award features as applicable);
- Flexibility in developing Task Order structure though the use of Hybrid CLIN configurations
- Socioeconomic credit offered at subcontract level; and
- Worldwide coverage.
- What is the difference between Alliant and Alliant 2?
Alliant 2 is an enhanced follow-on to Alliant. Alliant 2 incorporates all of Alliant’s best features described above plus the following new highlights:
- Contractor Engagement- Provides federal agencies with responsibly prepared Contractor Proposals/Quotes in response to each Task Order. Contractors are measured on their participation and may be off-ramped if metrics are not met within a certain period of time (See Master Contract H.19 & Attach J-5. A of Master Contract);
- Socioeconomic Credit offered at the Subcontract Level; and
- Requirements Contract Type - new contract type that provides for filling all actual purchase requirements of designated Government activities for services or supplies during a specified contract period. Specific rules apply see Master Contract Clause B.9.1 for more information.
- DFAR clauses offered as an attachment to the contract that can be used by ordering contracting officers at the task order level.
- What can I buy using Alliant 2?
GWACs are for information technology (IT) services and IT services-based solutions. Ordering contracting officers may include ancillary services and equipment on orders as long as the ancillary support is integral and necessary for the IT services-based solution.
If you want to buy IT products or services only, MAS Information Technology [PDF - 29 KB] is the best contract vehicle.
- How do I access the Alliant 2 contract?
Read the Alliant 2 Ordering Guide for helpful instructions on how to use Alliant.
In general, you need to follow these steps:
- Attend training
- Request a delegation of procurement authority
- Issue the task order
- Report contract actions
- Review past performance
- Can I limit competition on task orders to a set number of prime contractors?
No. All contract holders must be provided a fair opportunity to be considered for all orders in accordance with FAR 16.505, unless an exception to fair opportunity in FAR 16.505(b)(2)(i)-(iv) applies. All exceptions must adhere to stricter documentation, approval, and System for Award Management (SAM) posting requirements as required in the FAR.
- Can state and local governments use Alliant 2?
No. Alliant is authorized by the Clinger-Cohen Act to provide technology solutions to the federal government only. State and local governments can use MAS Information Technology [PDF - 29 KB] through the Cooperative Purchasing Program.
- How can I be sure my scope is consistent with the Alliant2 contract?
GSA will review your task order or modification requirements free of charge to make sure the scope of your task order is compatible with the scope of our GWACs — we call this a scope compatibility review, and it takes approximately two to five business days.
- Is it possible to issue a BPA off of Alliant 2?
No. Alliant 2 cannot support the establishment of a BPA. However, flexible CLIN structures and optional CLINs can be utilized and tailored to your requirement. Please contact the A2 Program Office for more detailed information.
- What agencies are using Alliant 2?
The GWAC Dashboard is available to the public to pull awarded task orders and see the usage of all GSA GWACs.