The Benton Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse is located a block from the town square and approximately 300 miles south of Chicago. Constructed in 1959, the two-story building houses U.S. District and Bankruptcy courts.
For more building information or service calls, use the contact information above. For other federal government information, call toll-free 1-844-USA-GOV1.
Recent improvements include a new roof, curtain wall, windows, chillers, boilers and building automation system.
The courthouse's major tenants include the U.S. District, Bankruptcy, and Magistrate courts and the U.S. Marshals Service.
History and Architecture
The Benton Courthouse was constructed in 1959 from steel and block with brick veneer and clip-on aluminum panels. After the Postal Service vacated the east end of the first floor of the building in 1989, the vacant space was converted into a Bankruptcy courtroom, judge's chambers, and Clerk of the Court’s office.