Accident Management Center (AMC)

Accident Management Center (AMC)

You can report accidents and incidents, coordinate vehicle repairs, and initiate third-party claims by contacting the Accident Management Center (AMC).

Hours of operation are 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (CST), Monday through Friday.

To contact the AMC, call 866-400-0411 and select option 2.

If you are located in the U.S. and require additional assistance, please email

Accident Report Forms

As a driver, you are responsible for reporting mishaps to the AMC. When reporting an incident, use the following forms:

GSA Drivers

GSA can assist you if you are involved in an accident in your GSA vehicle in the United States, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, or Italy. GSA Fleet cannot provide assistance outside of these locations. You will have to make arrangements to get the vehicle towed and repaired at your agency's expense. Contact your agency for more information.

Note: This information is also listed on the Accident Reporting Kit (Form 1627), which is located in the glove compartment of your vehicle.

  • Stop the vehicle in a safe location right away
  • Turn on your hazard lights
  • If the vehicle is operational, move the vehicle out of the way of traffic
  • If anyone has been injured, contact emergency services
  • Notify local police of the accident and obtain a police report

Exchange information with other drivers involved in the accident. Be sure to collect:

  • Name of the other driver(s) involved, along with their phone numbers and home addresses
  • Insurance information from the other driver(s), including company name, address, phone number, and policy number
  • Names and contact information of witnesses, if applicable

Do not sign or make any statements as to who was at fault (except to your supervisor or a federal government investigator). The police report is an important factor in proving fault. You must provide the police report to the AMC.

Take photos to document the crash scene and include them with the Motor Vehicle Accident Report (Standard Form 91). Take photos that document:

  • Damage to vehicles and/or property
  • Accident scene (road conditions, skid marks, debris in roadway, vehicle positions, etc.)
  • Location identifiers of the accident scene (intersection, address, or exit number)
  • Driver and vehicle identification (insurance cards, license plates, etc.)

If you were involved in an accident in the U.S., call 866-400-0411 and select option 2. The AMC's hours of operation are 6:00 A.M.. to 6:00 P.M.. (CST).

Note: Limited towing services are provided after-hours.

Contact the GSA AMC as soon as safely possible, but no later than five business days after the accident. If your vehicle needs to be towed or has already been towed, contact the AMC so they can expedite the repairs to your vehicle and avoid extra charges for towing or storage.

As the driver, you are the primary person responsible for reporting accidents and vehicle damage to the AMC and to your agency. If the driver is unable to make the report, the supervisor is responsible for making the report.

Before contacting the AMC, please make sure that you and your passengers are in a safe location and have the following information ready:

  • Any injuries or fatalities (Note: Fatalities need to be reported within 24 hours to the AMC)
  • A brief description of the accident, road, and weather conditions
  • The date, time, and location of the accident
  • Information on police response, if available and/or applicable
  • The tag number and location of the vehicle, if towed
  • If seat belts were used and if airbags were deployed

Once you have filled out the forms listed above, send them to GSA by either fax or email, based on your time zone.

For Eastern and Central Standard Time, excluding Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska:

For Mountain and Pacific Standard Time, as well as Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska:

If you were involved in an accident in Germany, Belgium, or Italy, contact the AMC using the following information:




Your vehicle must be repaired by an approved commercial vendor. An AMC specialist can refer you to an approved vendor. To contact the AMC, call 866-400-0411 and select option 2.

If you are outside of U.S., you should contact either your Fleet Service Representative (FSR) or an AMC technician to locate an approved repair shop.

Note: No repairs should be completed without authorization from the AMC.

Once the repairs have been completed, a representative from the leasing agency must pick up the vehicle and sign the final invoice to verify the repairs are complete and satisfactory.

The leasing agency is responsible for verifying that repairs have been completed and are satisfactory prior to signing the invoice. The leasing agency should check that the paint of the repaired area matches the rest of the vehicle and that the body panels are properly aligned.

If there are any concerns regarding the repairs, report them to the AMC prior to signing the invoice so they can be resolved between the AMC technician and the vendor.

GSA will pay for all repairs performed on GSA-leased vehicles required to return the vehicle to a safe and working condition, according to the FPMR §101-39.406 [PDF - 133 KB]. After the repairs or damages are assessed, GSA will bill the leasing agency for all repair costs and damages unless an identifiable third party is at fault.

If you do not believe that you were at fault for the accident, and have the proper documentation of fault (such as a police report or admission of fault), then the AMC will process the claim with the other driver or their insurance company. If you are outside of the U.S., your agency can turn the case over to the Department of Defense providing support in the country where the accident occurred.

If the AMC cannot determine that the other party was at fault (due to lack of proper documentation or police report determining fault), the AMC will bill the leasing agency for the repair cost.

When two GSA vehicles are involved in the same accident, each agency must pay for the repairs on their vehicle, regardless of fault. There is no reimbursement between agencies.

GSA does not take action against the driver at fault. The leasing agency has the discretion to take whatever action is deemed appropriate.

Public Drivers

If you are a member of the public involved in an accident with a GSA vehicle, you can file a claim against the government.

According to the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), individuals who are injured or whose property is damaged by the wrongful or negligent act of a federal employee acting in the scope of his or her official duties may file a claim against the government for reimbursement for that injury or damage.

GSA Fleet vehicles are leased to other federal agencies. You can submit a claim to the agency leasing the vehicle, and the agency is responsible for processing the claim against the government.

Complete and submit a Claim for Damage, Injury, or Death (Standard Form 95) to the agency leasing the vehicle from GSA. GSA can help you identify the correct agency. Have the following information ready before contacting the AMC at 866-400-0411 and select option 2:

  • The complete tag number (GXX-XXXXX)
  • The date, time, and location of the crash
  • Information on police response
  • The vehicle identification number (VIN)
  • The vehicle's manufacturer and model
  • Photos taken at the accident to help us identify the GSA vehicle involved

If GSA is able to properly identify the vehicle, we will direct you to the appropriate claims office with the responsible agency.

You must submit a claim within two years after the incident. If the agency mails you a denial of your claim within six months of receiving it, you have six months to file suit in federal district court. There is no period of limitations if the agency fails to act within six months of receiving the claim. See 28 U.S.C. § 2401.

If you need additional assistance and are located in the U.S., please email

If you are a U.S. citizen involved in an accident with a GSA vehicle outside of the U.S., complete and submit a Claim for Damage, Injury, or Death (Standard Form 95) to the U.S. Army claims department.

Vendor Responsibility

  • You must provide an estimate that shows parts and labor costs individually before repairs are initiated.
  • You must also provide pictures of the damage prior to the repair:
    • Provide at least one photo that gives context to the extent and location of the accident damage relative to the rest of the vehicle, showing the damaged panel(s) and at least one undamaged adjacent panel.
    • It is recommended that you provide a minimum of two pictures of each damaged area on the vehicle.
  • If you encounter supplemental costs or hidden damages, you must submit a supplemental estimate and photos to support the request.
  • An AMC technician will advise you on the procedures for amending the purchase order issued for the authorized original estimate.
  • The agency representative picking up the vehicle must sign the final invoice to verify repairs are complete and satisfactory.

Last Reviewed: 2023-02-28