Welcome to the GSA Schedule Program!
Welcome to the GSA Schedule Program and to the GSA Schedule Welcome Package Center.
We know that having a new contract can be daunting, so here’s up-to-date information, guidance, and resources for the GSA Schedule.
What's in the Welcome Package?
- An easy-to-use GSA Schedule Contractor Compliance Checklist [PDF - 19 KB] to help you understand the requirements of your new GSA Schedule contract.
- Time sensitive guidance to walk you through your first steps as a Schedule contract holder.
- Tips on what to consider when marketing to federal customers as well as how to use the GSA logo.
- Resources and tools that will strengthen your knowledge and skill in the GSA Schedule contracting community.
- A link to the GSA Schedule Program online community for news and the latest updates.
To succeed, you need to learn about your Schedule contract, its unique requirements, and the federal contracting process. Here are some suggestions on how to get started.
- Educate Your Sales Department - They need to know the contract exists, who can order from it, pricing details, ordering terms and conditions, etc. If they don’t know these elements, your company may unknowingly violate contractual requirements.
- Get Your Marketing Department Involved - GSA does not market your contract for you, so be ready to learn, seek out opportunities, and promote your company.
- Work with Accounting - Your accounting department may need to set up a tracking system to segregate GSA orders from all other orders. They’ll need to know about the reporting requirements as well as things like prompt payment discounts.
- Review Your Purchasing/Supplier Diversity - Are you a large business with a small business subcontracting plan? If so, you'll be required to track subcontracting costs and subcontractor business type/size (requirements vary based on subcontracting plan type). Your purchasing department will need to know what costs need to be tracked and will want to start funneling as many subcontracts to Small Businesses as possible. Small businesses are exempt from this requirement.
We want you to succeed as a Schedule contract holder, so take advantage of this Welcome Package and its resources.