Edward J. Devitt U.S. Courthouse and Federal Building
118 S. Mill Street
Fergus Falls, MN 56537 View map
The Edward J. Devitt U.S. Courthouse and Federal Building is located in the Fergus Falls Central Business District, 175 miles northwest of Minneapolis. In 2013 the building was named after Edward James Devitt, former chief judge of the U.S. District Court of Minnesota (1959-81) and a former U.S. representative.
For more building information or service calls, use contact above. For other federal government information, call toll-free 1-844-USA-GOV1.
Public Parking & Accessibility
A public parking lot is located behind the building, but no public transportation is available. A handicapped accessible entrance is located behind the building.
The U.S. District and Bankruptcy courts, along with Probation and the Marshals Service, all have offices in the building.
History and Architectural Features
The three-story steel-frame courthouse was constructed in 1902 in the Neo-Classical Revival style of architecture. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the courthouse is made of granite, brick and limestone, with an interior lobby floor made of marble and terrazzo. Its size nearly doubled with expansions in 1927 and 1933.