Training: Project management tool
For help learning to use Kahua, explore our training options. For an overview of the tool, visit Project management information system.
- Instructor-led online training
- Self-paced videos and PDF reference guides
Instructor-led online training
All stakeholders working on projects in federally-owned or -leased space are encouraged to attend instructor-led training. Register to attend training courses using the training calendar links: Kahua Training Calendar 9.6.22 - 9.29.22 [PDF - 136 KB] and Kahua Training Calendar 10.11.22 - 10.28.22 [PDF - 132 KB].
An introductory training session was held August 18, 2022, to review the key features and benefits of using Kahua, provide an overview of the project management modules and explain how to request access. Click to view a recording of this session: Customer Engagement Series - Say Aloha to Kahua!
A follow-on, instructor-led training session will be held September 15, 2022, 1pm -2:30pm ET. This session will cover in detail the project management applications customers will use in Kahua. Click to register: Customer Engagement Series - Kahua Users Klub. A Kahua account is not required to attend training.
Self-paced videos and reference guides
Anyone can take the short how-to videos and read the reference guides listed below. If you’re new to the tool, be sure to start with “Introduction and navigation.”
Note: Select the plus sign (+) to open a list item. Select the minus sign (-) to close a list item.
- Client Project Agreement reference guide
- Design Review - Part 1 - Adding Files to File Manager without a Title Block (3:19)
- Design Review Part 1a - Adding Files to File Manager with a Title Block (5:01)
- Design Review - Part 2 - Reviewing Files, QA Check and Process (7:30)
- Design Review - Part 3 - SME Reviewer (3:28)
- Design Review - Part 4 - Lead Reviewer (3:47)
- Design Review - Part 5 - Final Reviewer and Assigning Responsible Contact (5:14)
- Design Review - Part 6 - Responding to an Assigned Review Comment (2:10)
- Design Review - Part 7 - Closing Out a Review Comment (2:01)
- Create a Submittal Item (3:52)
- Create a Submittal Package (5:26)
- Assigning a Submittal to an Official Reviewer (2:51)
- Assigning a Submittal Package to the Consultant Reviewer (2:21)
- Reviewing a Submittal Package as the Consultant Reviewer (3:32)
- Finalize the Submittal Review as the Official Reviewer (2:28)
- Submittal Coordinator Completes the Submittal Package (2:44)
- Revising and Resubmit a Submittal (3:05)